Friday, May 16, 2008

Reunited at last!

After a long sleep, my luggage arrived the next afternoon, and I was able to take a much needed shower. I can't understand why it would get lost, with so many instructional tags, but I'm sure it enjoyed its extended stay in Heathrow.

Here is a photo of my bedroom (sans decorative pillows). Note the chandelier in its unbroken splendor. I am afraid it is doomed to a terrible fate, as I have already whacked it a couple of times (this happens especially when trying to make the bed--a good excuse not to do so, I think).

The view of the Hotel President Wilson is taken from my room. Apparently this is the nicest hotel in Geneva, so I can only imagine how much it costs. Wait no, I can just ask the internet. It appears that rooms range from about 350 to 14,000 CHF a night. I imagine my work will volunteer to put up anyone who wants to come visit me in the presidential suite. I'm a really good intern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and your luggage made it safely. I've stayed at the President Wilson before, it is a nice hotel. There is also a nice coffee shop (cafe in francais?)