Saturday, May 17, 2008

First Night Out

Last night I joined some glocals (a social website for people in Geneva) people for a night out in the old part of the city (which I plan to visit in the daytime soon). So far, it seems that nobody here is Swiss. Our group consisted of two dutch guys, a French girl, an Indonesian girl, two Nigerians, my French flatmate Damien and myself. It was fabulous! We spent most of our time hanging out with the two Nigerians (Emmanuel is on the left, you can probably guess which one is my flatmate Damien, and Nacho--pronounced just like the chip--is next to me). They are pretty hilarious. After spending most of the evening at Alhambar (a bar) we moved next door to what is I guess Geneva's version of a nightclub (basically a restaurant with really loud dance music and people dancing between the tables). I was afraid that we would be in trouble for returning home at 3am, but I was pleased to find that Madame V-F didn't seem disturbed. Despite all the rules, she is quite nice, and today took me to some exhibition of beauty and fitness products. There were lots of machines to stand on that vibrate and supposedly you can get really in shape by standing there. This sounds suspiciously like the ab thing I once had that shocks you....but I still kind of want one. The Swiss (perhaps the French more so) are really good at making you think that you need to apply at least 12 different creams to various parts of your body everyday to keep from turning into a wrinkled old cellulitey blob. Hopefully I can survive with just my Neutrogena face wash.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is fun! Keep posting. But Brussels is much better, isn't it?