Friday, May 16, 2008

Geneva, day un

My original first post, via email:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you requested that I start a blog of my summer adventures, while others admitted to being too lazy to go to all the effort of reading a blog. Being too lazy to start a blog, here is my first installation:

I arrived in Geneva this afternoon, but my luggage didn't make it. I hope its having fun wherever it is. In the meantime, I have settled in to my apartment, which is nice, however, there do appear to be even more rules than anticipated. So far, I have been briefed on how to properly operate the locks (there are 4 of them) on the door, and been warned that improper attempts to turn the key could result in damages totaling 1500 francs. My bedroom is small, but nice, and has lots of breakable things to avoid. The bed and all pillows are covered by things that are "just for decoration" and are to be removed prior to sleeping. I get the impression that they are supposed to be replaced upon waking up, but I think I will test this theory and see what happens.

I haven't gotten a chance to check out the neighborhood yet. I'm hoping to have clean clothes by tomorrow in which to go exploring.

So far, Geneva seems pretty good. I saw the jet d'eau from afar, and the apartment has a nice view of the lake. I can, of course, only see this view between the hours of 9am and 9pm, outside of which I am not permitted in the common areas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I have mustered the energy to create a real blog. It may still quite likely die out, however. I'll do my best.

No comments: